<$BlogRSDUrl$>

7.13.2004

New MTA exclusive : shower on your way to work! 

I'm always suspicious when I don't have to wedge myself between two suited men. This morn, I was equally perturbed and exited upon landing my own window seat, but nevertheless reveled in the gloomy silence of the cloudy landscape about to whisk by me for the daily ride. My bubble soon burst when *Plop* *plop!* I looked up, then to a gentleman behind me with a knowing, expectedly disappointed sigh. Perhaps the Metro North was trying to provide an extra ambiatic feature to make up for its dirty tan walls, by providing rain INSIDE the train even though precipitation outside had ceased.

They had the nerve to collect money, while a dark stain of damp slowly creeps up my trousers from the puddle my feet are in. The actual wetness on my hair didn't bother me so much as the incessant projectile droplets ricocheting off the seat and into my temple.

Interior rain. Just add that to the list of addemities, with the urine-scented air, sporadic "hot-cars," and vibrating rides strong enough to give one whiplash.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
  (0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?